Users are supposed to specify this role as a single stable role name in their playbooks, rather than every single service role name, which are subject to change. The exception is when they want certain services on certain hosts.
Currently, all it does is depend on the required roles, which are subject to change over time:
- pulp_database_config (implicitly)
- pulp_api (implicitly)
- pulp_content (implicitly)
- pulp_resource_manager (implicitly)
- pulp_workers (implicitly)
- pulp_common (implicitly)
- pulp_services: A role to install & configure Pulp 3's first-party services (including the state of the Pulp database) on a single host.
The first-party services are services written by the Pulp project itself.
The third-party services are services written by other open source projects, but Pulp depends on them as the middle tier in 3-tier application architecture to run.
The 2 backends are the PostgreSQL database server and the redis server.
The 1 frontend is the Nginx or Apache webserver, with special config to combine multiple Pulp services into one.