Pull Request Checklist
- Make sure your change does not break idempotency tests. See Testing (or let CI run the tests for you if you are certain it is idempotent.) If a task cannot be made idempotent, add the tag molecule-idempotence-notest.
- Unless a change is small or doesn't affect users, create an issue on github.
- Add a changelog update.
- Write an excellent Commit Message. Make sure you reference and link to the issue.
- Push your branch to your fork and open a Pull request across forks.
- Add GitHub labels as appropriate.
The tests can be run as they are on travis with tox, or they can run with various options using molecule directly.
Requirements: Install Docker, and add yourself to the group that is authorized to administer containers, and log out and back in to make the permissions change take effect. The authorized group is typically the "docker" group:
gpasswd --add "$(whoami)" docker
NOTE: Docker containers can differ from bare-metal or VM OS installs. They can have different packages installed, they can run different kernels, and so on.
Run molecule commands.
Test all scenarios on all hosts.
molecule test --all
Test a specific scenario.
molecule test --scenario-name test-local
Use debug for increased verbosity.
molecule --debug test --all
Create and provision, but don't run tests or destroy.
molecule converge --all
sudo dnf install mkdocs python3-pymdown-extensions
pip install mkdocs pymdown-extensions