Pulp 2.2 Release Notes¶
- The yum importer is all-new. It performs sync operations in less time, and it uses much less RAM than in the past.
- The ISO Distributor now supports repository protection. See the API documentation for more details.
- The ISO Importer now allows ISO uploads.
- The ISO Importer now allows synchronization cancellation.
pulp-admin rpm repo uploads rpmcommand now supports a flag (
--skip-existing) to skip re-uploading packages that are already in the destination repository.
pulp-admin rpm repo copycommand now has a
- Many commands that used to display a task ID will now automatically poll the server and display progress until the task is complete.
- There is a new ISO section in the pulp-admin client. It currently allows syncing, creating, and updating repositories.
Some of the configuration names for the yum importer have changed. See the table below for the mapping of old names to new names.
|Old name||New Name|
The following configuration values are no longer supported.
- The idea of only downloading the newest RPM is handled by the
- Verifying the size and checksum have been consolidated into a single parameter called
validate. During migration, the value for
validatewill be set on existing repositories using the
All existing yum importers will be migrated by pulp-manage-db, but any non-Pulp code that creates or updates yum importers with the API will need to be updated to use these new names.
Some of the configuration names for the ISO importer have changed. See the table below for the mapping of old names to new names.
|Old name||New Name|
All existing ISO importers will be migrated by pulp-manage-db, but any non-Pulp code that creates or updates ISO importers with the API will need to be updated to use these new names.
Please see the Pulp Platform upgrade instructions for information on how to complete the upgrade.
The location of the global configuration file for the yum importer has changed. Any
custom changes to the pre-2.2.0 file
/usr/lib/pulp/plugins/importers/yum_importer/yum_importer.conf), such as those
suggested when configuring a proxy, are removed during upgrade.
The new location of this file is
Keep in mind the configuration property name changes above when re-adding proxy
A version comparison bug that caused recursive copies to not copy all dependencies was fixed.
A race condition with XML namespace parsing was fixed.
Several ISO-related bugs were fixed. They can be seen in the list of all fixed bugs.