- Pulp now works with webserver configured authentication that use the
REMOTE_USERmethod. Also a new setting
REMOTE_USER_ENVIRON_NAMEis introduced allowing webserver authentication to work in reverse proxy deployments. #3808
- Changing chunked uploads to use sha256 instead of md5 #4486
- Adding support for parallel chunked uploads #4488
- Each Content App now heartbeats periodically, and Content Apps with recent heartbeats are shown in
the Status API
/pulp/api/v3/status/as a list called
online_content_apps. A new setting is introduced named
CONTENT_APP_TTLwhich specifies the maximum time (in seconds) a Content App can not heartbeat and be considered online. #4881
- The task API now accepts PATCH requests that update the state of the task to ‘canceled’. This replaces the previous task cancelation API. #4883
- Added support for removing all content units when creating a repo version by specifying ‘*’. #4901
- Added endpoint to delete uploads. Also added complete filter. #4988
- Adds an authentication section to the installation guide. Also add two documented settings:
- Switch to using towncrier for better release notes. #4875
- Adds documentation about the
CONTENT_APP_TTLsetting to the configuration page. #4881
- The term ‘lazy’ and ‘Lazy’ is replaced with ‘on-demand’ and ‘On-Demand’ respectively. #4990
Deprecations and Removals¶
- The migrations are squashed, requiring users of RC3 to deploy onto a fresh database so migrations can be applied again. This was due to alterations made to migration 0001 during the upload work. #4488
- All the string fields in the REST API no longer accept an empty string as a value. These fields now accept null instead. #4676
- The Remote.validate field is removed from the database and Remote serializer. #4714
- The task cancelation REST API has been removed. #4883
Default port changes happened in the Ansible Installer for Pulp and pulpcore was updated to match with this PR. Existing installs are unaffected. This was done to avoid conflicts that would prevent Pulp from starting by default in many environments; the previous ports (8000 & 8080) are commonly used by management webGUIs, development webservers, etc.
Publications are now Master/Detail which causes any Publication URL endpoint to change. To give an example from pulp_file see the URL changes made here as an example. See plugin docs compatible with 3.0.0rc2 for more details.
Distributions are now Master/Detail which causes the Distribution URL endpoint to change. To give an example from pulp_file see the URL changes made in this PR as an example. See plugin docs compatible with 3.0.0rc2 for more details.
The semantics of Remote attributes
ssl_client_key changed even though the field names didn’t. Now these assets are saved directly
in the database instead of on the filesystem, and they are prevented from being read back out to
users after being set for security reasons. This was done with these changes.