Pulp 2.9 Release Notes¶
- Now it is possible to upload package_environment element via CLI and API.
- Publication of the RPMs can now be done non-incrementally using --force-full option.
- The <langpacks> tag in comps.xml are synced and published for repositories. These units are also parsed on upload. pulp-admin also has upload, remove, and search support for package_langpacks.
- The yum distributor and export distributor now use the configured checksum type for all repo metadata. The pulp-admin repo “create” and “update” commands now save the specified checksum type on both distributors.
- The group export distributor now uses the configured checksum type for all repo metadata. The pulp-admin command to run a group export accepts a checksum type argument.
- Repoview support is added. The ability to generate HTML files to browse a repository can be enabled by using --repoview option for the yum_distributor.
- The yum distributor now supports the optional parameter packages_directory which can be used for custom destination directory for packages during the publish process.
Several issues were reported against Pulp 2.8 that were not included in the Pulp 2.9.0 release as a result of release timing. The list of bugs fixed in 2.8.6 outlines these bugs, but there is one issue in particular that can potentially break RPM repository syncing after upgrading: #2048
This issue is related to resyncing errata from some repositories, and in a pulp-admin sync operation looks like this:
Task Failed Could not parse errata `updated` field: expected format '%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S'. Fail to update the existing erratum SOME_ERRATUM_ID.
As a workaround, you can choose to skip errata in the feed repository. To do this, you can update the repo to skip errata:
pulp-admin rpm repo update --repo-id <repo-id> --skip=erratum
This will be fixed in Pulp 2.9.1. If you require errata to be synced from a feed repository, consider delaying an upgrade to Pulp 2.9 until 2.9.1 is released.