Pulp 2.12 Release Notes¶
EL6 Support Changes¶
The 2.12 releases no longer support deploying Pulp on EL6.
pulp-agent on EL6 is still supported, and the syncing and publishing
of EL6 repositories, is still be supported.
- Task profiling can now be enabled. This will use cProfile on an individual task and write the profile to a directory for a given task. While this can impact performance, this enables users to get some insight into what a task is doing or give the output to give to a developer for debugging.
pulp-manage-dbwill not continue if pulp_celerybeat, pulp_resource_manager, or pulp_workers processes are running. This prevents the user from corrupting their Pulp installation by applying migrations while workers or pulp_celerybeat are running. This works in both standalone and clustered installations. Pulp may wait up to 92 seconds to determine if workers are running.
- Worker failure detection and high availability failover occurs within 30 seconds. Pulp processes are considered missing after 25 seconds, and heartbeats occur every 5 seconds.
- When removing orphan content, the number of items being that have been removed is now stored as
the result on the orphan removal task. This count is broken down by content unit type. In
pulp-admin, the result can be looked up with the
- Failover events for instances of pulp_resource_manager and pulp_celerybeat are now logged at the WARNING level. The log message explicitly states that failover has occurred, along with the name of the hot spare process which has taken over as primary.
docker repo tagcommand to point a docker tag to a manifest. If the tag we specify does not exist, it will be created. If the tag exists however, it will be updated as tag name is unique per repository and can point to only one manifest.
- Pulp Python plugin now supports wheel packages. More information can be found in the Python Plugin release notes.
- Pulp Nodes is now deprecated and will be removed in Pulp 3.0. Users can use a Pulp instance and sync repositories to this instance from their main Pulp instance instead. For more information, see our blog post on the subject of deprecating Nodes.
Upgrade using the normal process:
$ sudo systemctl stop httpd pulp_workers pulp_resource_manager pulp_celerybeat pulp_streamer goferd $ sudo yum upgrade $ sudo -u apache pulp-manage-db $ sudo systemctl start httpd pulp_workers pulp_resource_manager pulp_celerybeat pulp_streamer goferd
goferd should be omitted if those services are not installed.